Approved Discs and Targets
WFDF’s disc approval process is one that is ongoing, and additional manufacturers and models are currently under consideration for both championship and general level approval. WFDF relies on the certification work of two of its member associations for approval of disc models: USA Ultimate (USAU) for the discipline of Ultimate, and the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) for the disciplines of Disc Golf and Overall Events. Given the nature of the events, the approval process differs for each.
USA Ultimate employs a Disc Technical Standard that specifies the official size and weight of USA Ultimate and WFDF Approved discs. Once a disc meets these requirements, USA Ultimate begins a multi-level player review of the flight characteristics of a candidate disc. This approach ensures that candidate discs not only meet the size and weight requirements, but also have acceptable flight characteristics, comfortable grip for players of all sizes and reasonable catchability. USA Ultimate specifies three levels of approval. The process is outlined at:
The following is the list of discs that are currently approved by USA Ultimate and WFDF:
- Discraft UltraStar, Westland Mold – Hot Stamp
- Discraft UltraStar, Westland Mold – Supercolor Center
- Discraft UltraStar, Web Mold – Hot Stamp
- Discraft UltraStar, Web Mold – Supercolor Center
- Discraft, UltraStar, Web II – Hot Stamp
- Daredevil Gamedisc
- X-COM Ultimate Standard – Hot Stamp
- Yikun, UltiPro
- Discraft UltraStar, Web Mold – Full Supercolor
- Discraft UltraStar, Westland Mold – Full Supercolor
- Daredevil Gamedisc – Full Colour
- EuroDisc Ultimate Standard – Hot Stamp
- Innova Pulsar
- Discraft J*Star
- Daredevil, U-12 Ultimate
- X-COM Junior Standard – Hot Stamp
Disc Golf and Overall Events
The Professional Disc Golf Association has an ongoing testing program to ensure that discs meet the technical standards. To see technical detail for each of the specifications listed please see Articles 107 and 108 of the WFDF Rulebook or at www.pdga.com/rules/technical-standards. The PDGA also certifies disc-catching targets which list is adopted by WFDF.
The 110 gram Wham-O Pro model Frisbee disc is the disc to be used for Guts in sanctioned competition.
Double-Disc Court (DDC)
The 110 gram Wham-O Pro model Frisbee disc is the disc to be used for DDC in sanctioned competition.