- a) Development Grants Program and Disc Missionary Program
The WFDF Development Grants Program has been established to support worthy ideas brought to the board by Member Associations or individuals. For the purposes of the program, “development” is defined broadly, and could include the introduction of disc sports into new countries, the expansion of disc sports activity in developing countries, gender inclusion projects, programs for spirit of the game education, youth programs, coaches training, anti-doping education, etc. Grants will be for amounts up to US$1,500 including the value of discs that may be a part of the request.
WFDF Development Grants Program Application Details
• Applicants must complete the current Development Grants Program application form
• Grants decisions will be made within three months of receipt of a completed application
• Grant recipients will be required to submit periodic progress reports and a final report with photos/videos, etc.
• Grants may be used to fund activities for 12-15 months from the date of the award
Separately, WFDF is also making available a Disc Missionary Program, where flying disc athletes travelling to areas where disc sports are not actively practiced may receive a package of 10 discs to distribute. The applicant must provide information about the trip and explain how they intend to introduce disc sports to a new population. The decision on whether a request will be approved will be based on the commitment and time that will be devoted to actually teaching new groups about disc sports. Given the time it takes to review and process such requests and to complete shipping, travelers should submit their requests no later than three months before planned travel.
WFDF Disc Missionary Program Application Details
• Applicants must complete the current Disc Missionary Program application form
• Grants decisions will be made within one month of receipt of a completed application
• Grant recipients will be required to submit a final report on how the discs were used with photos/videos, etc.
These programs are being supported by Discraft, which is contributing the discs being provided.
b) Ultimate Peace project
- Ultimate Peace in Colombia
- Israeli National Girls’ Team at WFDF 2012 WJUC Achieves Milestone in World Sports Participation
- Learn from the women in the inaugural WFDF Women’s Masters Division (WUGC) - support Ultimate Peace
- WFDF Sponsors Ultimate Peace to Host Clinics in Conjunction with WFDF PanAmerican Ultimate Champions
- WFDF Approves Contribution to Ultimate Peace
c) Distribution of Guts discs to various countries in advance of the WUGC.
d) Ultimate por la Paz - a project with Peace & Sport